Special thanks to the Julius B. Richmond Center of Excellence
at the American Academy of Pediatrics for funding
the development of the CEASE online training module.
We are offering a free online CEASE training to inpatient and outpatient sites all over California. The training takes about 25 minutes to complete. To access the training, click here.
The training is available to any providers (ie MDs, NPs and PAs) serving children – including pediatricians, family practices, pediatric dentists, etc. Training your clinic in CEASE is quick and easy, and you can even get 0.5 CME/CEU! Thanks to First 5 California, the training and CME/CEUs are free for you!
This training has 2 parts that take a total of one hour:
- The first part is an online training module that participants complete by themselves on a computer (25 minutes)
- The second part is a meeting facilitated by a motivated staff member of your clinic to discuss implementation of the CEASE program (35 minutes) in which your team fills out a CEASE workplan
Upon completion of the online training and the implementation meeting, you can:
- Get CME/CEU!
- If you have NOT YET done the training and want to get CME/CEUs, click here. This will take you to a UC Davis CME website, where you can register and complete the training
- If you have done the training and want to get CME/CEU, click here; you will be asked to register and take a test, and can claim your credit
- Contact Dr. Marbin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- Submit your workplan to email@example.com for a CEASE CA Certificate of Completion
- Request a free CEASE start up kit including posters for your clinic and preprinted nicotine replacement therapy prescriptions to use in your clinic
- Join a webinar to share your successes and challenges in implementing CEASE
- Pediatricians can participate in the FREE AAP online tobacco MOC module to earn MOC part 4 credit